Risotto Stuffed Pepper Lanterns (serves 4)
4 orange bell peppers
300g risotto rice
1litre boiled water + 2 stock cubes
half tin coconut milk
1Ts non-dairy spread
1 red onion
a small courgette
head of broccoli
a handful of mushrooms
2Ts dried mixed herbs
salt and pepper
- Carve the peppers as desired, then place on a baking sheet in the oven on gas mark 6, for 20 minutes. They need to be cooked enough to not taste raw, but not so much they collapse.
- Chop up all of the veg into quite small chunks. Fry the onion in a little olive oil for 5 minutes, then add the rice and stir thoroughly for 3 minutes.
- Heat up the stock in a separate pan and add a ladleful to the rice, stirring until absorbed. Repeat this many times, until all of the water has been absorbed and the rice is tender but still has a bite. Add the herbs and some salt and pepper.
- Add the vegetables, and the coconut milk, stirring until well combines and absorbed. Leave to simmer with the lid on for 5-10 minutes, or until the vegetables have cooked the desired amount - I like mine still crunchy.
- Spoon the risotto into the peppers and serve. You could give the assembled peppers another roast, but I didn’t think it was needed.
Munch. Oh, and thats a linda mccartney vegan sausage in the background.