Just one of the many dishes cooked on Sunday at my best friends parents house. CURRY NIGHT! Super easy to make when you have a bunch of people over, and really tasty. If you’re a bit skint, just leave out the cashews :)
- 1 medium aubergine, 3 small sweet potatoes and 1 large courgette, cubed.
- 1 small onion, chopped, 100g cashew nuts, 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- 1tsp ground 1tsp ground fenugreek (leave out if necessary), 1tsp mustard seeds, 1Ts ground coriander, 1tsp mild chilli powder, 1tsp cumin, 1tsp turmeric, 1tsp sugar, 1/2tsp salt, black pepper.
- Fry the mustard seeds in a tablespoon of oil until they start to pop, then add the onion and sauté until glassy.
- Add the spices and vegetables and cook on low for another 5 minutes, then add the chopped tomatoes and 200ml of water, then cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring often.
- The liquid should be soaked up by the potatoes by now, so add the cashews and cook for a final 5 minutes
- Serve with brown rice and naan bread. If you’re feeling particularly adventurous, then you could make some onion bhajis (see below).
Easy Onion Bhajis
- 2 red onions, chopped chunkily,
- 2 cups chickpea flour, 2tsp garam marsala, 1tsp cumin, 1tsp turmeric, 1Ts ground coriander
mix everything in a bowl and add enough water to make a really thick paste/dough. You need to be able to form into balls. Fry them in a fair bit of oil, until crispy and browned. Serve with the curry and ENJOY!