With Corn on the Cob, Salad and Hummus
Bean burger Recipe:
- 1 tin kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 slices brown seeded bread
- 1Ts tomato pureé
- a sprinkle of chopped walnuts, and pumpkin seeds
- 1 red onion
- 2Ts lime juice (or lemon)
- 1tsp oregano and basil
- 1/2tsp paprika
- 1/4tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2tsp cumin
- plain flour
- Pour the kidney beans into a big mixing bowl and mash with a fork until they’re still a bit chunky.
- Chop the onion finely and fry in a little oil until glassy, then add to the bowl.
- Tear up the bread and rub between your hands into the bowl to make crumbs.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and mix thoroughly, then add a small handful of flour and mix in. Keep adding flour in small amounts until it sticks together and you can press it with your hands into three or four small patties.
- Rub a little flour on the outsides then fry on a low heat in a little olive oil, until browned, then flip and repeat.
Serve with salad, or whack em in a bread bun :)