It sounds weird and looks like swamp water - but its really tasty, and amazingly good for you - a great way to force loads calcium and iron rich spinach into your diet :D
- 1 banana
- 1/3 bag spinach (a couple of handfuls)
- 1 medium carrot
- juice of two oranges
- juice of half a lemon or lime
Blend on high for a minute to get the carrot really fine.
Honestly, you can’t taste the spinach, and the carrot adds a nice freshness that hides the acidity of the citrus. Enjoy!
Vanilla Swedish Glacé Ice Cream with chopped banana and grated dark chocolate
(check out the hideous sofa and carpet)
Date, Walnut and Banana Loaf
Amazingly, there is no fat in this! No marg or oil in the recipe; not even any egg replacer. You wouldn’t even know.
150g pitted chopped dried dates
200g muscovado sugar
320g self raising flour
260g mashed banana
1/2tsp baking soda
1. pre heat oven to gas mark 4 and grease a loaf tin with marg.
2. put the mashed banana, walnuts, baking soda and flour in a mixing bowl.
3. combine the sugar, water and dates in a saucepan and heat on low until all the sugar is dissolved, then turn up the heat and bring to the boil. Keep stirring for a couple of minutes, then remove.
4. Pour into the mixing bowl with the rest of the ingredients and combine.
5. Transfer into the loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. remove from the pan after allowing to cool for 5 minutes, then move to a wire rack.